Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pelee Island

I spent today on Pelee Island with Shooters Photography Club.  We were going there to shoot pictures of the winery, vineyard and harvest.  Unfortunately, we didn`t get to shoot a harvest, but we had a great time anyway.  I was also happy to get a few pictures of some birds that I particularly liked...I hope you like them too :)

Taken from the Ferry on the way to Pelee Island

I love groups of gulls....always makes me chuckle :)


Peek-a-book Nuthatch
Sweet :)
Upside down!
 We went to the vineyard after visiting the winery (where the Nuthatch was found) and to the area the machines are kept...saw these birds there:
Cedar Waxwing...there were several!  Most of them juvenile.
I also got a life bird today....

Horned Lark!

Add caption
 It was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulaions on the life bird. Whooohooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ric! It is always exciting to see something new, isn`t it?

      Delete