Thursday, May 3, 2012

Heather`s Paradise and Ojibway

I was invited to birdwatch in my friend Heather`s paradise of a backyard.  They are fortunate to have a lot that backs onto a forested area and are blessed with many species of birds and other animals.  We heard a lot of birds, but very few showed themselves to us (and we were talking, so we probably missed a bunch).  Aside from the few pictures below we also saw a Yellow-rumped Warbler flitting about in the trees.  Two life birds for me were a Tufted Titmouse and a Carolina Wren :)
Female Baltimore Oriole

Best we could tell, this is a Carolina Wren...by markings and song. Life bird!
Tufted Titmouse!  Life bird!!
 After leaving Heather`s, I decided to stop by Ojibway.  I don`t have  alot of luck there...Dwayne always has beautiful shots of a large variety of birds there...   Anyway, I still enjoyed my time there and had to chuckle at the Red-bellied Woodpecker who insisted on drinking from the hummingbird feeder.
A turtle sunning itself.  Ì don`t know the variety...need more field guides :)

A couple of Canada Goose chicks...so adorable :)

This one makes me laugh...it`s like the ones on the logs are trying to show the one in the water what to do :)


Two of about 6 White-throated Sparrows along the path.  These two had a blast splashing around.

A butterfly who posed for me....need another field guide :)

Red-bellied Woodpecker a.k.a The Contortionist.

Hanging upside down to get at the hummingbird feeder....

Twisting to get his bill in the hole.
All in all, it was a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment